My brother Glenn over at Glorious has tagged me!
He's sent me a Faith Reflection Meme:
1. List three words that describe your faith.
Improvisational, tried, and child-like
2. Describe one belief about which you are very certain and one belief with which you struggle.
One certain belief? I'll be dead one day.
One belief I struggle with? I'll be dead one day.
3. What is your mission in life?
Love God, love neighbor. To be soul-ful.
4. Describe one thing that interferes with you authentically living out your faith.
The feeling that I have nothing to offer the world.
5. What is your favorite story from the Hebrew Scriptures? Why?
When a group of youth are eaten by a bear for making fun of the prophet Elisha. Why? I don't know but that story always gives me a sadistic chuckle.
6. What is your favorite New Testament story? Why?
Pentecost. Why? God did it then…surely God can do it now.
7. Describe a meaningful action you took because of your faith.
I drove all the way across the country (from the Seattle area) to plant a church in Charlotte, NC…with a wife and (at the time) 3 kids, no health care, no job prospects, and as we were driving across the state line in to NC we had about $25.00 in our pockets.
8. Does your faith differ from that of your parents? If so, how?
Honestly, I don't know.
I9. Who or what was most important in the development of your faith?
I white brother named "Paul" from the hills of West Virginia. This was back in my pre-Jesus days. He wasn't an 'intellectual' but was bright with the love of God.
10. Pass it on! Tag at least two other religious/faith bloggers .